Family Detective, LLC
Kathleen W. Hinckley
PO Box 525
Wheat Ridge, CO 80034-0525
Contact the Family Detective LLC using
this form, or via e-mail or telephone for a no-obligation estimate.
About the Family Detective
Kathleen W. Hinckley, Certified Genealogist, has been certified by the Board for Certification of Genealogists, Washington, DC, since 1984. She is the Executive Director of the Association of Professional Genealogists, an international organization with nearly 2,500 members. Kathy is an approved genealogist for the U.S. Army and Air Force to locate DNA-qualified family members of MIAs and POWs from WWII, the Korean War, and Vietnam, and has extensive experience locating lost family members and heirs.
Additional credentials include:
- Certified by the Board for Certification of Genealogists, Washington, DC since 1984.
- Executive Director and member of the Association of Professional Genealogists.
- Approved genealogist for the U.S. Army and Air Force to locate DNA-qualified family members of MIAs and POWs from WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam.
- Court-approved expert witness in Colorado, Texas, Kansas, Florida, and Rhode Island.
- Author of Your Guide to the Federal Census for Genealogists, Researchers, and Family Historians (Betterway Books, 2002).
- Author of Locating Lost Family Members & Friends: Modern Genealogical Research Techniques for Locating the People of Your Past and Present (Betterway Books, 1999).
- Author of numerous articles published in the Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly, National Genealogical Society Quarterly, OnBoard (Newsletter of the Board for Certification of Genealogists), and Speak! (Newsletter of the Genealogical Speakers Guild), Heritage Quest Magazine, and Family Tree Magazine.
- Faculty member - National Institute on Genealogical Research, National Archives, Washington, DC, 2002.
- Faculty member - Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 1992, 1993, and 1999. Course Coordinator in 2001 for "Contemporary Genealogy: Research in the 20th Century."
- Past board member of Board for Certification of Genealogists,
Association of Professional Genealogists, and Federation of Genealogical Societies.
- Editor of Daniel Tewksbury 1792-1851 - A History of his Ancestors to 1626 Including a Compilation of his Known Descendants by Ralph E. Tewksbury. (Kalamazoo, Michigan: 2004).
- Copy Editor of award-winning Quirke Genealogy and Family History of Clonmel, County Tipperary, Ireland; India, New Zealand, England, Australia, South Africa, and the United States, by Terence T. Quirke, Jr., Ph.D., F.I.G.R.S. (Denver, Colorado: 2005).
- Televised expert in PBS Ancestors series aired in 2000.
The Family Detective promotes and adheres to the highest ethical standards.
CG, Certified Genealogist, is a service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG), used under license by
board certified genealogists after periodic examination. The board name is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.